No Dream Deferred presents the Global Majority Intimacy Director Reception livestreaming on the global, commons-based, peer-produced HowlRound TV network on Friday 28 April 2023 at 3 p.m. PDT (San Francisco, UTC -7) / 5 p.m. CDT (New Orleans, UTC -5) / 6 p.m. EDT (New York, UTC -4).
Hosted by Intimacy Coordinators of Color, the Global Majority Intimacy Director Reception is a gathering of stage and screen intimacy professionals, artists, educators, directors, and producers to connect, learn and inspire.
Keynote Speaker, Kaja Dunn, is an intimacy professional, diversity consultant, and associate faculty at Theatrical Intimacy Education. Kaja is a member of SAG-AFTRA and an actor, director, and activist with performances in over 40 productions in 5 countries including Theatrical Outfit, Playmakers Rep, Moxie Theatre, and others.
For more information visit the 2023 Global Majority Intimacy Conference website.
2023 Global Majority Intimacy Conference
Intimacy Coordinators of Color announces the first annual Global Majority Intimacy Conference, creating in partnership with No Dream Deferred NOLA. The conference begins with online programming from February and concludes with a 3-day, in person gathering of intimacy professionals, advocates and leading voices in educational and professional theatre, live performance, and film and TV industries.
The 2023 conference is hosted by No Dream Deferred NOLA at The Andre Cailloux Center for Performing Arts and Cultural Justice, 2541 Bayou Rd, New Orleans, LA 70119. In a world first, members of the Global Majority are invited to uplift, amplify and assess the specific needs of artists and intimacy professionals from ethnic or racialized backgrounds.
The first Global Majority Intimacy Conference is focused on the following concepts, ideas, and actions:
- To serve as an informative and alliance-building gathering place for like-minded and globally-oriented Intimacy Professionals, theatrical artists and filmmakers.
- To share globally-minded intimacy innovation and cutting edge, inclusive principles of accountability and acceptance
- To bring global majority voices to the forefront of the conversation about our bodies, minds, and experiences
- To deepen alliances with social justice, transformative justice, disability justice and technology experts on the expansion of creative brave space in The Arts.
- To form regional groups for camaraderie, information sharing and employment networking
- To establish allied guidelines for working as an intimacy professional on productions with members from the global majority